Summer is dreaded for its skin–scratching heat yet loved for the luxury of guilt-free indulgence into our sweet cravings. Ever since childhood, ice-creams have been best enjoyed after getting fried in the sun.
While some people like to go for the standard, no-surprises beverages and ice-creams, there are a few experimental scientists out there, mixing and matching the flavours and creating their own summer coolers.
We went around and asked the people at Grofers for their secret recipes of Summer chillers. And oh boy, were we surprised! Flooded with some amazing suggestions, we’ve hand-picked the top 5 out of the lot for you.
1. Orange and Ginger Soda: An unexpected mix of Orange, Ginger and Mint gives a pungent, spicy and tangy kick to the brain, all at the same time. The Mint lends its refreshing flavour that comes handy for staying hydrated.
2. Iced Coffee Popsicles: Having coffee in the Summers can be tricky. What with all the sultry heat keeping you awake as it is. But for all the coffee aficionados, we bring the perfect blend – iced, caffeinated popsicles. The best part? These can be easily customised as per your taste preferences.
3. Pineapple Espresso: For those who can’t get enough of coffee, there’s still more hope this Summer. Try out this mad blend of pineapple and coffee. Not only will it surprise your tastebuds with it sugary, tangy taste, it will satiate your soul of all its coffee needs.Cucumber-Fennel Cooler: Cucumber – the obvious choice to cool down in the Summer. But we bring to you a slightly twisted version of it. Just peel the cucumber and puree it in a blender. Transfer the puree to a large fine sieve. Extract the juice and voila! It’s ready to serve.
4. Cucumber-Fennel Cooler: Cucumber – the obvious choice to cool down in the Summer. But we bring to you a slightly twisted version of it. Just peel the cucumber and puree it in a blender. Transfer the puree to a large fine sieve. Extract the juice and voila! Its ready to serve.
5. Mango Mousse: The quintessential mango, twisted into a french delight! A simple and quick DIY summer chiller that allows you to blend mangoes, cream, dry fruits and chocolate shavings all into a satisfying drink.